I love the fact that we are getting closer to 2010. A new year means new beginnings and for my family, we will be experiencing some new changes.
For one, I will finally be a stay at home mommy. For the next 12 to 15 years this will be my biggest priority. Taking care of my babies and raising them is what I have wanted to do for a long time. Dan and I have to give up a lot of unnecessary things we grew accustomed to while I was working. But since I won't be anymore, they have to go.
And you know what? It is worth the sacrifice.
And since I will be at home, I have decided to start making some goals on how to really make my time in the home count.
1. Laugh and play a lot more with the kids!
2. Work on my photography. Take my own family portraits in my own backyard.
3. Learn to sew and really hone in on my creative side.
4. Bake and cook (A LOT) more
5. Date nights every single week with the man I love.
6. Make more time with my girlfriends.
7. Sponsor a child from Compassion
8. Write more
9. Become more hands on with Illuminate
10. Enjoy life more
Of course some of these could change as we still have a couple more months until January. But so far I am liking my list. Part of this list is really me just embracing another journey of my life as a wife and mommy. Part of being a domestic diva is learning to be creative with what life hands you. To embrace domestic life, even when we want to tear our hair out! It won't always be easy, but I know it will be worth it.
What kinds of goals are you planning for 2010?