My family occasionally likes to hit up our local Rubios or Baja Grill and grub on some fish tacos.
However, since I am trying to have my family eat in more and eat healthier, I was determined to find a better version of these yummy delights. Because I love me a good fish taco.
And so does my man!
I found this recipe in the P90X2 nutrition guide and I was so excited I had to try it out on my family.
P90X2 Fish Tacos
1 1b. white fish cut into 2″ pieces
(halibut, cod, catfish, or tilapia)
we used cod**
1 clove garlic, minced
1 fresh lime
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 tsp. sea salt
8 6-inch corn tortillas (lard free)
1 cup shredded cabbage
8 Tbsp. low-fat sour cream
8 Tbsp. low-fat shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a 1-gallon ziplock bag, combine, fish garlic, lime juice, cumin,
and salt and shake to coat.
3. Place in refrigerator and let marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Remove fish from bag and discard remaining marinade.
5. Line a baking sheet with foil and place fish on sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
7. While fish is cooking heat tortillas by wrapping in foil and placing
them in the oven, directly on the rack, for 10 minutes.
8. Place 1/8 of fish in the center of each tortilla and top each with
1/8 cup shredded cabbage, 1 Tbsp. sour cream, and 1 Tbsp. shredded
cheese. Makes 8 tacos (2 per serving)
Y’all, I would normally have a picture. But we ate them too fast. I’m sorry. Truly, I am.
But let me assure you that my husband’s eyes rolled in the back of his head and he then looked at me and said:
“This. Tastes. Amazing.”
If you are a fish taco lover…go make them for your family!
Have you tried any new recipes on your family? Success or fail? Share!